This group tracks the responses of shipping industry towards environmental health concerns, highlights influence of shipping companies from EU, US and Japan etc on IMO and its Marine Environment Protection Committee & South Asian governments. It is keen to restore beaches in India, Bangladesh and Pakistan to their pristine glory for the coming generations. For more information visit: www.toxicswatch.org, banasbestosindia.blogspot.com

23/11/2011

After asbestos, Canada dumps two dead hazardous ships on Alang beach

Two Canadian ships formerly known as the MV Joseph and Clara Smallwood and the MV Caribou was disposed of on Alang beach, Bhavnagar, Guajrat, India.

They were brought from North Sydney to Indian waters violating Basel Convention and the order of the Supreme Court of India.

10 comments:

  1. ok done name recd.?Can I have the list of hazardous materials inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ship building industry was a heavy user of asbestos particularly prior to the Hazardous Materials If you worked in the Irish or British Naval Services then you are in a high risk category.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great coop I love all the opening coops, I did handle to find it cheaper somewhere else, I saved about 100$ total on it and the run together. I would say the run is a must have or else I would consider this pretty small for the birds I plan on getting, I plan on having 5 bantams. chicken coop plans I think even the recommended four would be pushing it if you didn't have a run attached

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. gpwlaw-mi.com/michigan-lung-cancer-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsYd-XGZlqU

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. https://asbestoscancer.org/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Michigan Mesothelioma attorney

    ReplyDelete